Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Here's What's New...

New student assistant #1 is doing well, trained easily, and sufficiently dislikes her task of data entry, for which I cannot blame her. But somebody has to do it, right? That's why she gets paid the big bucks! New student helper #2 chose not to return, but sent her friend to interview for the position. Which she did, and I hired her, but she has yet to show up. Sigh. So in the meantime, I'm scanning and sorting/filing slides, along with all the other things that need to be done. The nice thing is that we have fewer and fewer slides to deal with, so I may just have assistant #2 do data entry instead of filing. What a relief to not have to train someone on the filing system again.

ITguy came over to look at my database conversion project and I think he was expecting something a little more basic. He assured me that if he couldn't do it, he'd get help from someone who could. So now there is a team of techies somewhere across campus working on my database, theoretically. He asked me when I needed it and when I told him this semester, he said "oh." Doesn't sound promising, but I will keep happy thoughts.

More later on the latest image-hosting developments, but for now, back to the grindstone.

Nugget.

No comments: